How and Why to Dilute Bleach for the Cleaning of Hard Surfaces?
If undiluted bleach comes into contact with surfaces, sodium hypochlorite, which is the main active ingredient in chlorine, naturally breaks down. The residue that you see is salt.
We do not recommend using undiluted bleach on surfaces. You should always dilute bleach before using it. It is important to follow the instructions on the bottle for its correct use.
To disinfect hard, nonporous surfaces, leave the Clorox® Bleach solution in contact with the surface for at least 5 minutes. Rinse well and let dry.